Top food blogs

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Teshik kulcha (Baked small doughnuts)


This is the recipe of my mother, she always bake "Teshik kulcha" for a snack:) When I was a kid I loved shaping "Teshik kulcha" s with her, it was fun for me, and now my daughter is shaping them with me:) "Teshik kulcha" is a nice snack and it goes good with our soups. I love eating them while hot, topping some butter and honey on it.
Ingredients:
250 ml of milk
50 gr of butter
6 tbsp of sugar
1 tsp of salt
1.5 tbsp of dried yeast
1 tsp of vanilla powder (optional)
Plain flour as needed
1 egg yolk
Sesame seeds for sprinkling
Heat milk and put butter in it. Stir until butter will melt completely. As soon as butter will melt take milk from heat and add in sugar and salt, stir until sugar is dissolved then cool slightly. When milk is warm add in yeast and vanilla and gradually add in flour until you form a dough. Knead for 5 min. Cover and set aside to warm place for 1.5 - 2 hours. Preheat the oven. Divide the dough in some pieces, and roll it with the palm of your hand to long loom, cut in same sized 4 inch pieces. Then one by one form doughnuts. Your three fingers must fit in the loom, seal the ends slightly pressing.

Brush each "Teshik kulcha" with an egg yolk, sprinkle sesame seeds and bake them until they are golden.
Yoqimli ishtaha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment