Top food blogs

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Pomidorli non (tomato bread)


Today I remembered my grandmother who used to bake "Pomidorli non" in tandur, and I used to eat it while hot, enjoying with cold water. I don't know why, but I do ate it with cold water:) Sometimes I used to eat it with fresh milk also. Yummy! In memory of my granny I decided to bake Pomidorli non today. I bake it in the oven, of course it is not so tasty as in tandur non, but still we enjoy it very much. If you have tandur and you know how to bake in it, go ahead and bake this bread in tandur, but if you don't then it's not a big problem to bake it in oven as me:)
Ingredients:
I took 10 medium sized tomatoes
70 gr of butter
1,5 tbsp of dried yeast
1 tbsp of salt
1 tbsp of sugar
Plain flour as needed
1 egg, finely beat
Blend tomatoes in food processor until smooth and liquid. Heat it up, and add butter. Wait until butter melts and take it from heat. Wait until warm. Add in salt, sugar and yeast. Start adding flour until you will form nice, unsticky dough. Knead for 5 min. Cover it and let it rise for 2 hours. Preheat the oven, divide the dough in 5, roll up each in flat rounds,punch it with chakich (you can also use fork) brush with egg, sprinkle some your favorite seeds(I use sesame seeds and pepper), and bake until golden. Your bread will be pink:)and of course very delicious!!!
Yoqimli ishtaha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment